Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to build a (fake) lightsaber?

For halloween, me and two friends are going to be sith. I found patters for robes, and am in the process of making them. The problem is, what good is a dark jedi without a lightsaber. Which brings me to the issue. With the only alternatives being cheap toys or (rather expensive) Force FX sabers, I would prefer to make my own. I have found numerous guides on how to build hollow lightsaber HILTS, but is there any way to add a BLADE to this?



I was thinking some sort of clear plastic tubing, but that still leaves the problem of lighting it up. Anyone have any ideas on how to make a fake lightsaber blade? Also, since we will probably 'duel' with these for fun, it either has to be very sturdy or easy to replace (which was why I was thinking about a clear plastic tube).How to build a (fake) lightsaber?You could try using that idea of the clear plastic tube, but perhaps it should be a semi-transparent red one (if you are still going as a Sith). You could try to make a flashlight (or get one where you can take off the light bulb) in which you can make an arrangement so the plastic tube is fixed or screwed on the top of the flashlight (the part with the light (you could try getting red LEDs instead of a bulb, they have a stronger light and are safer)). That way, when you turn it on, the light will be more realistic, yet cheap as hell. And it could be easily fixed with another tube. :D



Did that make any sense? I can try to make a drawing or something, I'm not a very good explainer. xD



EDIT: Or you could try to find a big glowstick and break it right before you use it. :PHow to build a (fake) lightsaber?MABY YOU CAN FIND A OLD VACU CLENER EEGE THING





OH AND THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY BIONICLE Q MY E-MAIL IS SUMMONCHAOS3@YAHOO.COM