Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On a Mac, how do I restore the "Documents" Stack I accidentally deleted from the Dock?

My mouse slipped when I was clicking on it and it literally disappeared in a poof of smoke. I don't want to just replace it with a stack called %26quot;Documents.%26quot; I need it to be the default place to save documents, etc. I accidentally deleted the %26quot;Downloads%26quot; stack as well in my attempt to figure out what happened. And I also deleted %26quot;my documents%26quot; from %26quot;places%26quot; in Finder as well...in my attempt to drag and click.



I love my new iMac, it's my first mac and I'm still learning how to use it. 24 hours in though I already know I love it ten times more than 3 of the last PCs I owned.On a Mac, how do I restore the %26quot;Documents%26quot; Stack I accidentally deleted from the Dock?I'll try and explain this the best I can... Under places, click the name of your computer. Then You'll see a %26quot;Documents%26quot; folder. From there, you can click and drag it down to your dock (and also to your places). Then, click it (to make sure it opens), then right click it, and you can set it back to %26quot;fan%26quot; if you'd like (or keep it at automatic). You can do the same for your Downloads.On a Mac, how do I restore the %26quot;Documents%26quot; Stack I accidentally deleted from the Dock?i couldnt tell if you said you deleted it from your home folder... but if not go into your home folder, idk what urs is named... mine is %26quot;Joe%26quot; so w.e. yours is, and documents and downloads are in there.



if u deleted them from there your gonna have to make new ones...



although if you download something it might make a new downloads folder
  • PDA
  • rodents
  •