Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?

I ripped the string inside of the ellastic band in my sweats. I like my sweats and don't want to replace them. I need to replace the string, how do I do that?How do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?unbend a hanger tie a piece of string to the end of it and thread it thru the waistbandHow do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?replace them....or just rig a substitue string around the outside...kinda like a belt...How do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?Just tie some twine around it - Jethro Bodine style.How do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?put a safety pin on one in and work it throughHow do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?You can get a new string at any fabric store. If you still have the string take the end that is out and pin a safety pin to it. Now you can just slide it back

around the waist. Now make some big knots on the ends so it won't go back Thur again.How do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?Attach the end of the string to a large safety pin and push it into the string opening . Work it around thte waist pulling the string in with it a couple of inches at the time until it is all the way around, then back out the hole:).How do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?If your sweat pants are like mine that this recently happened to, their solutions will not work for you, unless you modify the pants.



My sweat pants string was sewn into the back by the tag, and one side came undone.



This is what I did. I used the safety pin method to get the string back into the pants, and to the back where it needed to be adhered again. I am not a sewing person, so I went to the craft store and got some fabric glue. I cut a little hole inside the waist band of my sweats so that I could get the safety pin out, then glued the string where it belonged!



I let it dry for 48 hours before I attempted to wear them. So far, it's holding!



Hope this helps!How do I replace the string in the waistband on a pair of sweats?A lot of folks mentioned the safety pin and pushing it through a little at a time. BUT - the next thing you do is take the time to use a needle and thread and at the center back seam, stitch the drawstring to the pants. Now not only will it not come out again, the string will always be centered! Do this on all your drawstring athletic wear and you will never have a string come out in the washing machine again.
  • mobile
  • hair extension
  •