Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I stop my computer from telling me I have a faulty hard disk?

The reason it is 'faulty' is because part of the disk is damaged, but I ran Windows XP on it fine with a 30 Gigabyte partition. I know the disk is fine so how do I stop these warning boxes from appearing and telling me to replace or repair the hard disk.



I run Windows 7 and I would replace the hard disk but none of the hard disks I have are SATA like the one in my computer, but IDE.How do I stop my computer from telling me I have a faulty hard disk?Most modern PCs have at least one IDE connector on the motherboard, so you can run an IDE drive as your system (or data) drive with no problem, even under Windows 7. (There might be a performance hit).



You're begging for an unretreivable disk crash by running it the way you are. Once there's been a head crash inside the disk, small particles are flying around loose. Eventually, one of those will get between your system partition and the disk head, crashing the drive in a place you can't ignore.