Friday, June 3, 2011

How to replace windows on a second floor flat?

Im looking to replace my single glazed windows to double glazed windows in my flat. My flat is second storey looking directly onto the street.



Can someone please advise what would be the best way / cheapest ways for a joiner / window fitter to replace these windows? Will i need to erect scaffolding, hire a cherry picker or will the fitter have an alternative method for fitting these windows?



Thanks in advance.How to replace windows on a second floor flat?The chances are that you arn't the first person that a joiner or window fitter has had to replace windows on the 2nd floor for. I think it is possible to install them from either side - inside or out if you know what you are doing so a cherry picker might not be needed.



I'd get a quote for the windows with fitting and see what they say - I would go for fitting from the inside thoughHow to replace windows on a second floor flat?Modern double glazed windows can be fitted from the inside