Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can i replace a compact flourescent bulb by warranty without holding on to the reciept for 5 years?

I Called a few local stores and they say you have to have the receipt to replace it. I can't find a receipt after 2 weeks let alone 5 years for the whole warranty of a bulb.How can i replace a compact flourescent bulb by warranty without holding on to the reciept for 5 years?I tape the receipt to the bottom of the lamp or under the ceiling plate for light fixtures. I tape receipts to everything - like my ten year old mattress! If it can't be taped on or near the item, I have a file drawer for all the owner's manuals I get. I always check there next.How can i replace a compact flourescent bulb by warranty without holding on to the reciept for 5 years?My bulb had a 800 # on the base. I called it and they sent me replacements. No hassle.