Monday, September 19, 2011

How difficult is it to replace the alternator in a 03 VW Golf and where can I find procedures?

I need to replace my alternator and can't afford to pay $500 to do so. I have general/basic mechanical skills and was wondering how difficult this would be to do? Is the process just taking out the old and putting in the new or do I have to take apart additional engine components just to replace this thing?How difficult is it to replace the alternator in a 03 VW Golf and where can I find procedures?I don't know the specifics of your vehicle, however, on 90% of cars the alternator is an extremely easy job for the mechanically inclined.



I highly recommend you purchase a Chiltons or Haynes repair manual. Both do an excellent job of explaining simple jobs like an alternator, starter, etc.



On the hardest vehicles to do an alternator, you will need to remove other accessories, like a power steering pump, starter, etc. Even then, it's just adding time, not skill to the mix.How difficult is it to replace the alternator in a 03 VW Golf and where can I find procedures?ssemblyis the opposite.adjust your drive belt .connect the wires as per your diagram.connect up the battery connections.you may need a jump start initally.leave your car running and connected to the other motor for 3 minutes to give your own motor to charge up the battery
  • a run games laptop
  • hair pictures
  •