Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I replace the tail light bulb in my 2001 Nissan Maxima? And where can I purchase the light?

I would appreciate step-by-step instructions on how to remove the tail light assembly to get at the bulb, including what tools to use, anything special I would need to know to remove and replace the actual bulb, and how to re-secure the tail light assembly back onto the car. I would also like to know the best place to buy a new bulb that would fit my car. Thanks!How do I replace the tail light bulb in my 2001 Nissan Maxima? And where can I purchase the light?On the back of the lens, in your trunk, you should remove the carpeting or lining in the trunk to gain access to the back of the light. There is a plug in on the back of it that you should be able to just turn counter-clockwise and pull the holder our, then you just pull the bulb out of the socket and replace. easy job. the onl;y special tool you need are your hands. Your local parts store will have the bulb for it.How do I replace the tail light bulb in my 2001 Nissan Maxima? And where can I purchase the light?Your best approach would be to get a Haynes or Chilton manual for your car. You can get them at pep Boys or Autozone,where you can also get the bulb (much cheaper than a dealer!).



You will find that these manuals describe in detail, with pictures how to do such jobs.