Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I replace a power cord in a toaster?

I need to replace damaged power cord in my toaster / sandwich maker. It has three wires coming out of the inside: red, green and blue. The wires in the power cord are brown, blue and yellow-green. Which wires in the toaster should be connected to which ones in the power cord?How do I replace a power cord in a toaster?it would be less expensive to buy a new toasterHow do I replace a power cord in a toaster?Call Home Depot or a store like them that gives advice over the phone.



Otherwise, it may be cheaper to buy a new toaster/sandwich maker instead.



Hmm. Strangely, I am now craving a grilled cheese sandwich. ;)How do I replace a power cord in a toaster?The two green ones are the grounds, and they'll go together. The others don't sound standard. I'd put the two blue ones together, and the remaining two together. Stand back and plug it in! There aren't many ways to do this wrong. :)How do I replace a power cord in a toaster?call a professional to do it because it needs to be opened up and replace the cord from the inside by soldering it.