Monday, September 19, 2011

How long does it take to replace a lost title and registration in Pennsylvania?

I need to replace a lost title and a lost registration for a car in the state of Pennsylvania. How long would it take to replace both of these?How long does it take to replace a lost title and registration in Pennsylvania?If you do it yourself or through a regular notary - 4 to 6 weeks. If you go to an online title place, they hand you the registration there and the title will come within 10 days.



Duplicate Registration is MV-44

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/forms/registr



Duplicate Title is MV-38O

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/forms/vehicleHow long does it take to replace a lost title and registration in Pennsylvania?Flyhock is definitely correct. I have now been wiating for 60 days for a replacement title for my boat trailer (while the boat sits in my garage collecting dust) and haven't heard a word from penndot. They take their SWEET SWEET time!!

Report Abuse

How long does it take to replace a lost title and registration in Pennsylvania?welll....... Pendot is notoriously slow on most things that have to be mailed in. The registration can be done online and will take effect immediately. the lost title, you might want to go to a Pendot center and figure out which form you need to fill out. I think its MV-38o. but I'm not sure. It will probably take atleast 30 if not 60 days once mailed to them for them to process it all. I need to do this too since the title for my car was never given to me after i payed the loan off and its getting time to sell the car.