Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I replace spark plugs on a transverse v6?

I bought mine new and now my car, 03 Sable, has 110000 on it. I want to replace the spark plugs now. I can get to the front with no problem, of course. How do I get to the back side?

Also any good books to get that would explain how to do general maintance on newer cars? Seems like flushing the radiator on new cars is so much different than cars from the 60's.How do I replace spark plugs on a transverse v6?For a manual, ya can't beat ' Haynes '. The rear plugs aren't to bad to change on a Sable 3.0 'ohv ' engine, but I haven't done'em on their overhead cam 3.0. Also, on the cooling system flush, Don't use those chemical flush treatments.Just pop off the bottom hose, like ya did on the old cars,%26amp; rinse'er out afew times. Good Luck =^ )How do I replace spark plugs on a transverse v6?unfortunately fords are a ***** to dig into. sometimes you can go underneath and get em. a trick i use if i have to is to un bolt the torquer motormount have someone get in the car and put it in gear and slowly gently accellerate untill theengine rolls a bit opening the gap between the engine and firewall.carefully place a wooden block in a place that it will be secure.without a small protrusion pushing into the wood(splitting it and causing collapse of the gap)once in place add spacers where applicable for added safety). dont try this if you feel uncomfortable with doing so.when i use this method i usually use a foot long 4x4 in good shape with no knots.when working on any ford have patience and remain levelheaded you will probably notice that it's been engineered by a blind idiot.