Friday, September 23, 2011

How much to replace a broken hot surface ignitor and a flame sensor?

My Bryant furnace did not start on Friday night. A technician came in to replace the ignitor and flame sensor and he charged me $165 for the service, $97 for the sensor, and $293 for the ignitor, total $550. I believe I got ripped off. Any thought?How much to replace a broken hot surface ignitor and a flame sensor?I am an HVAC tech, if I went on this call this is what I would charge on a FRIDAY night (after 5pm). This is from my price book, I work for a major company in my city.



Flame sensor- $35.00

Ignitor- $75.00

Labor- $250.43 (1 1/2 hours @ time and a half, one hour for the service and a half hour travel time)



Total- $360.43



My guess, the flame sensor just needed a cleaning with some steel wool. (that does the trick 9 times out of 10)





So yes you did get ripped off, more so on the ignitor than anything else. I would call the service manager at the company and ask why the ignitor was so grossly overpriced!How much to replace a broken hot surface ignitor and a flame sensor?SENSOR for GOODMAN 17.00 IGNITER for GOODMAN 37.00 !How much to replace a broken hot surface ignitor and a flame sensor?1 hour labor $80

flame sensor and ignitor $60How much to replace a broken hot surface ignitor and a flame sensor?yeah, you got ripped off. That is what most those type of bisnesses do.

and you had to pay a little more for fiday night service.

you can look online to see what you could have bought the parts for and then you will know..

google %26quot; appliance parts%26quot; and follow the directions ,you will need the model # etc.How much to replace a broken hot surface ignitor and a flame sensor?Yes you did. I just replaced the ignitor on my Goodman , paid $45 with shipping. The flame sensor would have been about $20 more. You probably did not need the sensor.