Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I replace the front wheel bolts in my 97 Mercury Villager Van?

2 of them have broken off so I want to replace them. It appears I need to take the whole plate they are in off is that so? If so what size socket will I need for the axel nut that holds it on?How do I replace the front wheel bolts in my 97 Mercury Villager Van?your rotors should just come off, without taking the nut off. i think that nut is for the axle. take the caliper and rotor off and hammer the broken studs out and put the new studs in, take a nut and run it on the stud until its all the way in.How do I replace the front wheel bolts in my 97 Mercury Villager Van?easy rerally remove the pin and anything that will fit the nut will take it off its just a bit over hand tight should come off easy when you get it off you drive the studs out with hammer and drive them back with hammer and tighten with a nut and hammer it a bit more to get it back thru not hard... when you havbe the hub off grease the bearing best or smart and when you tighen it back its tight and back off to fit pin thru