Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much would it cost to replace the ball joints on my car?

I have an 01 explorer sport 2wd. Im pretty sure that the upper ball joints are bad on both sides. How much would it cost to do the job myself or at a repair shop. Just looking for an estimate price. Car keeps squeaking, when you sit down in it, and it bounces. Thought it was shocks. Replaced them but it still makes noise. If i replace i have to replace the whole arm that the ball joint is on. How much woudl this cost at a repair place and if i did it myself.How much would it cost to replace the ball joints on my car?You would not have to replace the control arms The upper %26amp; lower ball joint are replaceable. Their about $20 for the lower %26amp; $50 for the upper. When you split the joint from the arms check to see if the arm bushings need replacing, or just lubed